Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The yarn adventure

Well I got to meet up with Stephanie!! We went yarn shopping of coarse and hit 2 out of 3 LYS. It was a lot of fun! We also hit Jo Anns which I only bought purse handles and Dollar Tree where we hit the jackpot! And then Tuesday Morning which was not very good this time. We didn't buy anything from there. I will post picks of Stephanie and I together once hubby sends the picks off his phone. We both forgot our good camera's. LOL~~ It was a very fun day. I got to meet her wonderful family and we went to eat lunch first. Her family went hiking while we shopped. They tried to get my hubby to go with but, he wasn't up to hiking! LOL~~ He hasn't done that since he was 19! So he drove us around to all the shops and sat in the husband chair. LOL
Here is Patons Carmen I got from Dollar Tree! Patons Carmen from Dollar Tree
Dollar Tree again! LOL


I bought this at The Fiber Shop LYS in Prescot for the purse I'm making of Isela's. Not sure however that I got enough. Grrr, still might have to add more or find something in bulky yarn! I can't seem to find bulky wool in LYS's lately! This will be a bag just maybe not the one I planned.
I got this at LYS called A Good Yarn. I LOVE the colors. Only bought 1 but, thought I could make a small purse or something with it. There is a good amount of yards on it. Corn Fiber Yarn!! I saw this in Kingman and passed it up well I didn't pass it up this time. Thought of a baby bib but, not sure yet. I LOVE the feel of this! Got it at A Good Yarn.
Patons Allure I got from Dollar Tree!
Dollar Tree Buy again

I will post more picks soon. I promised Stephanie that I will take a new updated picture of my craft room of yarn as I haven't done it fully. So I will do this soon. I however have some packed away for taking to WI with me:-) I will take a pick of the 10 gal. rubber maid of it completely jam packed with yarn. I also put all my wool in a 10 gal. container also just in case we got moths while we were gone! I would be pissed if they chewed holes in my yarn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun and all those wonderful skeins,my group and I went on a field trip and come see what I got

Anonymous said...

Lisa~

I had so much fun shopping with you (and Nate too). I was totally exhausted by the time I made it home. I think I was asleep by 8:30! I hope we can do this again soon! BTW, it was great meeting up with you!

Steph