Saturday, June 14, 2008

Horse Update!

Close up of Abby Rose grabbing the grass! They just got let out into their larger area today and boy do they LOVE it as we let the grass grow longer!! Abby is not as piggish as my Dream girl is. LOL~~ Her mouth fulls are never as large. She's danty.
Here is a close up of Dream being a pig thinking the grass is going to go away so she has to take as much as possible into her mouth! LOL
See the fence with the flags? That is their border as its electric fence. They don't even know how big of an area they have yet as they are to busy eatting. We had to chace them to make them run more to see how much they do have!

The lighter area is SAND as they ate all the grass in their old area. They were not sure of the new area at first as the posts are still there so they thought the wire was also. We had to lead them into it! LOL~~ We will pull the posts soon.




Hubby TRYING to get them to run into the new area! LOL~~







I tried to get it in order but, not to sure now! LOL~~ Their enclosure is now about an acre or more! I will try to get a BIG picture of it sometime. You can kinda get a hint of it once I load the pics with the girls in it!







2 comments:

Robin McCoy said...

Wow, Lisa. The horses look so happy! And hubby looks like he is doing a wonderful job. I don't know anything about spinning, but I wanna do it so badly. I want an Ashford as well, but I was warned that they don't do well with little fingers around...so I will wait a few years. A friend that moved to England said that she wants to send me a drop spindle, but I have to wait b/c she is in the process of using it (now she has an Ashford.) :D

Anonymous said...

Lisa, this is the first time I have been to your blog. I love all the pictures. Your place looks beautiful.
Your husband reminds me of my brother - he's a great big guy too and he likes to spin and crochet. I'd love it if my husband would learn to spin yarn for me to knit up.
Osboblate.